Never-before-seen footage from the personal home movie archives of the Billy Hinsche and Carl Wilson families. From the early years in exotic Manila to fun among the sunbaked palm trees in Beverly Hills, watch these delightfully rare images of the Hinsches from the '50s and '60s; featuring backyard birthdays, a visit to the San Francisco Zoo, family outings to Pacific Ocean Park (POP), Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, Dodger Stadium and more. Through these images you will get to know Otto “Pop” Hinsche, Celia “Mom” Hinsche and Billy's sister, Annie Hinsche Wilson, married to Carl Wilson.
- Take a tropical trip to Hawaii in 1967 with the Carl Wilson family for some snorkeling, water skiing and island relaxation at their private, rented estate across the street from Diamond Head. Carl and his brother, Brian, can be seen enjoying the warming tropical waters of the Pacific Ocean.
- See some of the great landmarks of Europe with Audree and Murry Wilson on vacation in Rome, Paris and other destinations; and take a tour of their home in Whittier, CA, including a look at the custom-made stained glass window in the music room, the home of Sea of Tunes Publishing Company.
- This spectacular collection of vintage home movies also features never-before-seen glimpses of members of The Beach Boys (Carl, Al) and members of The Sunrays (Eddie Medora, Marty DiGiovanni) as they return from a 1966 Canadian tour as they disembark from Carroll Shelby's private DC-3 chartered airplane.
- You'll enjoy watching candid shots of members of The Beach Boys (Carl Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston) offstage during their tour of Europe in 1966 that included a stop in Venice, Italy.
- Beach Boys' drummer Dennis Wilson makes several appearances in the film both at the home of his brother, Carl, and also at his own home on Benedict Canyon in Beverly Hills along with newborn daughter, Jennifer, and son, Scotty Wilson.
- Catch a glimpse of a motorcade with President Dwight D. Eisenhower on Alvarado Street in Los Angeles in 1954.
- See theme park wizard, Walt Disney and family, at his famed amusement park in 1957 as Billy and sister Annie walk (dressed in traditional costumes) in the Disneyland International Parade of Nations representing the Philippines.
- At age 7 Billy appears as a swimming “water baby” on The Ed Sullivan show (Season 10 / Episode 41) in 1958 along with America's aquatic sweetheart, Esther Williams, in the broadcast emanating from the Desert Inn, in Las Vegas, NV.
- Join Billy and his Little League team, the Tigers, as they meet members of the L.A. Dodgers of 1963 and the greatest Dodger pitcher of all time, Sandy Koufax.
- Come backstage for a visit with teen sensations Dino, Desi & Billy, and then watch as they perform onstage in Minneapolis, MN, in 1967. Lucie Arnaz is also featured in this wonderful clip.
- Take a helicopter ride with Billy and pilot Captain Dean Paul Martin (Dino Martin) as they soar above Dean Martin's ranch in Westlake, CA, and circle the area before landing on the Martin's private helipad.
Newly restored both in black & white and in color, this new documentary from director and narrator Billy Hinsche was culled from recently discovered 16mm and 8mm prints and private family photos never seen publicly until now.
The soundtrack includes a beautiful and moving original song by Desi Arnaz, Jr. called “My Old Friend” that had its public debut in a live performance at the memorial event for Carl Wilson at the Roxy Theatre in LA in 1998. Additional soundtrack material features songs written and / or performed by Billy Hinsche, Desi Arnaz, Jr., Jeffrey Foskett (Brian Wilson's band), Randell Kirsch (The Beach Boys band), Gary Griffin (Jan & Dean), Beach Boys' archivist and singer-songwriter Alan Boyd, Jack Rieley (Carl Wilson collaborator), Santa Monica based singer-songwriter Nick Sanelli and others.
Total running time: 86 minutes (approx.)
Region 0 / Worldwide playback
Price: The price for Home Movies is only $30. Please include an additional $8 for US and Canada shipping & handling, or $10 for worldwide shipping & handling.
Payment: Send personal check, cashier's check, money order, or international money order (IMO) payable to: MFM Productions, 10624 S. Eastern Ave., Suite A-162, Henderson, NV 89052. Credit card purchases can be made using PayPal and sending payment to MFMPRODUCTIONS@AOL.COM
Warning: Send cash at your own risk! Allow 7-10 business days for delivery from the time your order is received.